Interaction UX/UI Industrial Designer
- Utrecht, Netherlands
- 3 days ago
Named among Fortune’s 2016 World’s Most Admired Companies, Flex offers a world of innovation, learning opportunities, and a strong reputation as environmentally responsible citizens. We are a leading sketch-to-scale™ company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries, and a promise to help the world Live smarter™, Flex provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell ’ s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
We are looking for a Interaction UX/UI Industrial Designer for our Product Development team!
You will work closely with our product owners and the analytics team to help drive and ensure a best-in-class user experience on web, tablet and mobile platforms. With your knowledge and passion for keeping up-to-date with the latest advances in user interface design and web related technologies. You will be creating high quality designs with the goal of ensuring continual improvement of our sites. To realise this you will guide and set the standards and design principles for all of our brands to follow and work towards to enhance their online success.
- Gather, analyze, record and report on current market information with regard to the latest transportation methods.
- Work with the team to determine company and customer needs and make recommendations on cost effective transportation methods and assist in price negotiations if appropriate.
- Ensures lowest cost transportation by analyzing company and customer needs, researching transportation methods and auditing carrier costs and performances.
- Ensure laws, rules and regulations regarding shipping/transportation methods are adhered to and prepares applications for appropriate certifications and licenses.
- Prepare application for import / export control certifications and licenses (control documents).
- Maintain logs and compile information on routes, rates and services on various vendors.
- Arranges shipping details such as packing, shipping, and routing of product.
- Analyzes and recommends transportation and freight costs as well as appropriate routing and carriers to be used.
- Plans, schedules, and routes inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments of freight, using knowledge of applicable laws, tariffs, and Flextronics policies.
- Be familiar with compliance required for corporate, and facility policies and procedures and assist the team in ensuring the highest standards are adhered to in the process.
- Ensure Traffic Metrics are maintained and updated on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with agents / suppliers in order to achieve quality of service and consistent cost reduction.
- May schedule company vehicles for service and normal maintenance checks and is responsible for ensuring that all are registered and have the proper insurance.
- Support the team in terms of knowledge and experience in dealing with daily operational and transportation issues.
- Undergraduate Industrial Design/Graphic Design degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree in a related field, plus 4-6 years relevant experience
- Strong skillset in digital design with an emphasis on Windows, mobile (iOS/Android), and web User Interfaces
- Ability to distill complex problems into intuitive, clean, user friendly designs
- Expert in User Experience concepts, Information Architecture, and software brand strategy
- Experience with creating detailed workflow specifications and behaviors for development teams
- Can process and integrate research studies, reports, trends, data, and information into plans, deliverables, and recommendations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strategic Thinking. You will not only solve design issues but will proactively offer ideas and insights to improve the customer's experience and visual challenges.
- Creative Suite. Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator with some InDesign. Experience with Adobe Muse is also helpful.
- Typography. We need a designer who knows typography visual hierarchy and styles and how to use them properly. Your work will be for the whole EMEA region and be translated into dozens of languages. Any experience with Asian and Middle Eastern languages and fonts will be useful.
- Experimentation. Experience optimizing designs based on A/B testing is a plus.
- Communication. We need someone who can own their time but also knows how to ask the right questions to ensure the right message is communicated in the right way.
- Marketing. You are familiar with and have previously worked on a marketing team.
- Asset Management. Assist with development and maintenance of a digital asset management system.
What we offer:
- A learning prone environment where employee development and satisfaction lies at the heart of the organisation
- You choose and change your workplace besides our open office in our café area, or your home
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationship
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team members ’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below or via our website. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Elin Akerstrom, Recruitment Specialist on phone +3630 2984732.
Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. That’s what we mean when we say Power to you.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- The North Face
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Transfer Wise
- Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Lelystad, Netherlands
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- ING Bank
- Eindhoven, Netherlands